Rue du Carroz
Description
In the 18th century, it ended in a cul de sac, hence its name: “carroz” or “coin” in Savoyard dialect, and was only opened up towards the Quai des Allobroges after 1860,.
Since 2009, the street has housed the media library with its ultra-modern architecture. The main facade features a long, wide transparent window covered with colourful films plus a globe-shaped protrusion which bursts out over the public space. Whilst the media library's facade introduces a genuine break with the surrounding built environment, the dormer windows in the roof and its zinc covering are a reference to the local architecture. The buiding's alternating colours serve to extend the rhythm and colouring of the town's facades.
Pricing
Free access.